Microsoft introduced Windows 7 or Vienna in 2009 as a successor to Windows Vista with improvements like pinning feature, libraries, HomeGroup file sharing system, Action Center maintenance option etc. Windows 8 came in 2012 with the addition of security and user interface additions. Windows 10 went public in 2015 and is considered as ‘universal app’ by its developers. And in 2016 came a keyboard, considered to be best for Windows 10 – check the Das Keyboard 4 review.
Your Windows OS Can Perform Better
Slow PC’s are a threat to business sustainability and development. It eats not only a big chunk of your profits but also the credibility of your organization in the eyes of your employees and customers. At home, it brings in distress and annoyance with increased start-up time, poor internet speeds and horrendous graphics and sound. Has it hampered your business engagement? Does it upset you while downloading files from the internet? Having a poor gaming experience? Just spend some time and if required some penny to experience an enhanced and robust performance out of your very own Windows 7, 8 or 10 operating system.
Speeding Up Your Windows PC
- Clean up your PC:Delete all the temporary files by running the script % temp% in Start > search. Remove all files from the downloads folder taking care to back up the files you need into your secondary partition of hard disk or some external storage device(start > user > downloads ). Delete browser history from the browsers and lost links in the registry.Applications like Ccleaner or CleanMyPC in order to save time and effort. Take care that your internal hard disk does not contain redundant files or files which you never use.
- Heavy applications and start-up programs: Open your task manager by right clicking the taskbar or pressingctrl + shift + esc. Screen for and select applications consuming too much of processor and click the end task button. Unwanted start-up programs can be disabled in windows 8 and 10 by clicking Startuptab in the task manager.
- System tray: You will find applications running in the background while starting your windows by clicking the arrow button in the system tray. Closing these applications will free up memory and improve system speed.
- Animations and visual effects: Click Start > Control panel >System> Advanced system settings > settings and turn off animations.
- Antivirus and browser: An efficient and light antivirus program will ensure your system free of malware, spyware, adware, viruses and programs that will harm your computer. Make sure that your web browser contains only the minimum required add-ons and extensions.
- Defragmentation: Manual defragmentation, thoughnot required in new versions of windows operating system, should be considered if some large volumes of data have been recently copied into the internal hard disk. Open the disk defragmenter tool and run it(Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > disk defragmenter).
- Drivers: Drivers are programs which add life into your hardware. Consider upgrading drivers of hardware.
- Restart and Reset: Perform regular restarts and if the above measures did not work then back up all your important files and reinstall windows.
If software maintenance fails to speed up your PC, consider upgrading and enhancing the performance of the hardware of your system.
- Random access memory (RAM): A minimum of 4 GB RAM is required for optimal functioning of modern versions of windows. Upgrading to 64-bit version of windows is essential to adding 4+ GB of RAM.
- Solid state disk drive (SSD): Replacing the traditional spinning hard disk with SSD will greatly enhance the speed of the computer by the fact that they have writing speeds of 550+ MB/sec compared to 128MB/sec of a standard hard drive.
- Motherboard and CPU: Upgrading motherboard and CPU, by keeping in mind their compatibility, is a costly affair but it will definitely increase the speed of your system. Upgrading from 3.8 GHz to 4.0GHz processor would not increase speed as from 1.0GHz to 4.0GHz. Windows will have to be reinstalled as the operating system will detect your PC as another system.
The above measures will definitely help in optimizing and enhancing the performance of windows 7, 8 or 10 versions of operating system.
JasperAssistant is a visual report designer tool for JasperReports, a popular open-source reporting engine. It is built on top of the Eclipse’s plug-in architecture and its main goal is to help you create JasperReports report definition files through a simple graphical interface. Main benefits: * Design and layout your reports using an intuitive visual interface and avoid the need for XML editing of JasperReports templates. * Use the only designer that fully supports all the features of JasperReports up to the latest version. * Take advantage of Eclipse IDE integration and effectively combine Java and JasperReports development. * Efficiently locate and correct report problems using precise error indications. * Preview your reports instantly using live data from a JDBC database connection, an XML document, JavaBeans array or a custom data source. * Export and preview your reports in PDF, Excel, HTML, CSV and XML formats.
|added:||Feb 13, 2004|
|modified:||Dec 20, 2007|
|url update manager:||–|